Lotus Temple Massage is a massage therapy practice specializing in manual and bodywork strategies to manage moderate to severe pain and stress. We are here to help you feel better. That’s our only mission.
All APPOINTMENTS MUST BE BOOKED ONLINE THROUGH THE BUTTON ON THE RIGHT! This allows us to focus 100% on our clients when we are with them, with undivided focus and without distraction.
Same day appointments are often available. We are happy to accommodate you, and we realize that often, you need help now.
What can I expect out of a session at Lotus Temple Massage?
A thorough intake will be performed before your first and every session. Goals will be established, and progress recorded.
Clients have the choice to disrobe and be draped by sheets the entire session, or if you feel more comfortable remaining fully clothed that’s also fine.
The pressure and depth will be adjusted to your preferences. We are listening to you, and your comfort is our number one priority. This is your time.
Our therapies are evidence based, we make a point to remain educated on the latest developments and research in the field to provide the most up to date service possible. Your treatment will be tailored to your needs, and will include elements from these diverse modalities.
- Myofascial Release: Massage therapy for the entire soft tissue of the body, not just the muscles. A very gentle and powerful therapy, which warms and softens the connective tissue, known as fascia, to facilitate deeper work as well as provide deep relaxation and a sense of ease in the body. Mayofascial release is able to get and work with deep postural and movement disfunction, and can have profound effects.
- Trigger Point Therapy: You know when you have that feeling that you have a “knot” in a muscle? In the bodywork world, we call that a trigger point. It’s a taunt band of muscle often within a larger muscle group, that can cause localized pain and irritation, as well as refer pain and sensations to distal points. All our therapists have an uncanny knack for finding those points, and releasing them with focused and consistent pressure.
- Deep Tissue: Deep Tissue massage is focused on physical manipulation of the muscles to release muscle tension, aid in blood flow, release connective tissue adhesions and promote healing. Combined with Myofascial Release and Trigger Point Therapy, Deep Tissue work can be even more effective.
- Tui Na: Tui Na is literally translated as pushing and grasping. It is a traditional form of massage incorporating Qi Gong with physical treatments for muscular and joint dysfunctions.
- Sports Massage: Specifically geared towards the needs of athletes to improve performance, speed recovery time, prevent injury and promote flexibility.
- Lymphatic Massage: A flowing technique to relieve pressure from fluid build up and support the immune system. This style of massage is very effective for treating edema post surgery, and is often useful for diabetic edema as well.
- Prenatal Massage: Prenatal massage is preformed in a side lying position, with pillows for comfort, and can significantly ease aches and pains caused by the rapid changes brought on by pregnancy, reduce anxiety, and improve labor outcomes and even newborn health.
- Please note that couples massage is not available at Lotus Temple Massage!